Thread: Clearing Extension Conflicts

I am experiencing a problem clearing what appears to be an extension conflict. If I boot up with extensions off the problem clears. I have turned off virtually all control panels and all extensions and the problem remains. I have removed all extensions and control panels, put them in separate folders in the trash and still the problem will only clear with a boot up with the shift key down. The problem is that when I boot up I get an error message that my raid volume is unrecognizable and am prompted to initialize it. Is there some other way I can prove that the extensions are really being turned off when I do in the extensions manager? Thanks in advance for your help.

I think Extension Manager doesn't really turn ALL extensions off; only those that register (show in Extension Manager). Tell it "ALL Off" and then look in the Extensions Folder. I think you will find an odd assortment of extensions, libraries, etc. If so, drag the remainder to the disabled folder.

[This message has been edited by Louie (edited 15 May 2001).]

Rob:

Did you recently upgrade to Carbon Lib 1.3.1? If so, revert to 1.2.5 to see what happens.

to turn extensions on/off you have to reboot in between.
    you can also physically move them out. CPs are less of a problem than extensions. here's a link that you'll find useful. www.logicuser.net/extensions/browse.php3
    M

tachyon Guest

don't forget that holding down the shift key at startup also disables Virtual Memory; I have had problems related to this as well.