Thread: Installing a cd in a G4

I bought a G4 and the guy included new in the box a x48 cd, but took out the one that came with the computer. He said I could have a tech install it. My question is, is it something that a novice can do? I'm thinking instructions will come with the new cd (it should arrive fedex tomorrow) but if not...is there a place I can go look how to install it?

I do have a pc tech in my church who whould do it for nothing but he has never worked on mac's. Could he do it not having any mac knowledge?

Thanks, you guys always come through for me.

Yes Ladyhelp, a technician skilled in replacing parts in Windows computers can also replace them in macs. You might help your man by downloading the manual for installing optical drives.
    Go to Apple site: www.info.apple.com/usen/cip/index.html,. Under letter P, look for PowerMac G4-Customer Installable Parts. Go there. Select your computer, and click "go". This will take you to many manuals -- scroll for optical drives, and click download pdf. The number of the manual for my computer is 073-0624; for yours, it might be different. (This info is is fresh in my mind since I downloaded a bunch of manuals several days ago).
    marrand

[This message has been edited by marrand (edited 21 January 2003).]

marrand - great help, thanks a bunch!