Thread: Web tools

I don't know if Macgurus is the best place for "all" my mac questions. If someone could direct me to a better source unless there is a mac web jockey or two on this forum...

I was just getting my pages set up under 9. I have been using PageSpinner in the free mode. I am thinking seriously of getting the license and going legit. But now that I have Jaguar, I am wondering what new page design options are out there?

I also have a little pgm that runs under 9, have not tried it in classic, that I can drop an updated file on and it uploads it to my site. I need to be able to do this in X also.My strategy with web development has to include a sane way to manage regular updates on page information.

Dreamweaver would be my first choice. But the high end pgms are a little out of reach financially just now. I have a working BBedit, under 9. But that is not quite to my liking either. Very code driven. Great if you are totally into coding html. I still need some pull downs and how to's.

In short, are there any new [players in the OS X world?

Thanks - lb

Why run Jaguar? or maybe run it, but on another Mac? You can probably do what you want on an upgraded 7300. The hidden cost of OS X is time, faster hardware, learning new programs AND a new OS.

There are a lot of apps that have shown up on Version Tracker to deal with web page creation and to optimize code. Have you looked at RBrowser for ftp?

Quanta Gold sounds good but don't know if it is what you have in mind.
    quote:
    Quanta Gold is a web development tool for creating simple point-and-click interfaces to quickly and easily create powerful websites, even using the latest scripting languages like PHP. Keep an eye on the growth and structure of your site with its special tree view. Take advantage of its syntax highlighting to easily read your code. All this and more is possible in Quanta Gold -- the professional-level tool for creating dynamic websites.

MacUpdate "html + OS X"

Thanks, I will take a look at that. I was just looking over something called "Create". http://www.stone.com/Create/Create.html Seems interesting. I just sent them an email asking about their FTP stratagy. It looks cool but I have not yet discovered whether it would be a fun creative toy, or a creative but very effective work horse.

lb