Thread: CDNow's site and WMP

I have the latest vers of WMP on my Mac (Jag 10.2.2) and it seems to work just fine. However, when I go to www.cdnow.com to listen to samples, I obviously click "Windows Media" and the program opens, but instead of playing the sample, it tells me that "the playlist format is not recognized". don't tell me that just because I use a Mac doesn't mean that I can't hear samples like this. I've done it on a PC all day long. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Jason

I just realized that if I control/click and hit "download link to disk", and then go to WMP and point to the file, it will connect and play. But why can't you just click on the file and have WMP play it?? Thanks!

jason

?So, I believe, which means I am reaching a little because I don't use ANY Microshaft products, anyway, I digress, I believe that you can open the Quicktime preferences and select WMP as the default player. That means you'll have to drop music files on QT if you want it to play instead.

Rick

Thanks Rick. I tried it, and I don't believe that works. At least not w/ QT 6.0.2. WMP isn't listed as an option ANYWHERE that I could find. Bummer.

J

Jason,

I get the same playlist warning in WMP and I don't know why. WMP has worked just fine for everything else I've tried with it. It works in RealPlayer (Real Audio) tho. k

Kaye,

Are you using that "new" OSX Real One player, or some other versions. Have you had any problems w/ Real Player mucking up any other programs like it, such as QT? Just wondering. My buddy had that problem once.

So, if you click on the Real Media link on CD Now's site, does your Real Player automatically open and play the sample? I wish I could get iTunes to do this!

J

I'm using the older RealPlayer Plus in OS9. Yes, on that website clicking the link cranks up RealPlayer Plus and it plays the music. Nothing more to do. k