Hey guys-

I posted this problem on the Apple forums and didn't get any real help. I am under the name "gira" on the Apple forums if any of you can remember me.

Anyway the problem is this, I just got a 22" LaCie Electron Blue monitor and it is incredible, simply gorgeous resolution, clearity and color not to mention a huge viewable area. But there has been a problem with it however. My computer keeps wanting to set the resoultion at 640 x 480 @ 67Hz. No matter what I did it would always go back to it. (I am just giving some history about my troubleshooting now) I went to monitors control panel and there were NO OTHER resolutions available. I threw out display and monitor setings I also reset PRAM and rebuilt desktop. Ater resetting PRAM and rebuilding the desktop i would reboot and the preferences would stick but sure enough the next time I rebooted it was back at 640 x 480.

First I want to know what caused this? Top of the line monitor, machine and video card and I can only get 640 x 480?

I reinstalled the OS from scratch, zeroed all data and clean install to 9.2.1 and same thing happened. Next I upgraded to 9.2.2 (with newer nVidia drivers on it) same thing still happens? So the last resort I had was to install nVidia drivers 3.0 update. This seems to have fixed it but I am still not comfortable with it. Sometimes when booting up, loading extensions the resolutions will be at the 640 x 480 but it always goes back the what I set it to when the desktop loads? It doesn't always do this but it does sometimes. But the important thing is that now it always ultimately ends up at the correct resolution but why does it act like it wants to go back so bad? I just don't get it.

Another problem is that I opened iTunes and turned the visuals on to see how they looked on the monitor and my FPS were terrible. I was getting somewhere between 15-25 FPS? What could be causing all this annoying stuff? Thanks for any help.