Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Atto UL2D (dual) with single i/o connectors?

trag, I haven't had time to research it but I'd be happy to find out that both channels have the same support. It just made since to me considering all the complaints I've read by users about this particular card. The info about the #2 channel (inside) comes from the bottom of the page at this link and I'd bet it originates at Atto?, but don't know that for sure? http://eshop.macsales.com/Item_Speci...tem=APL6612274

Needless to say it would be a much a nicer card if it had dual sockets, at least on the inside. This claim of 160 mb/sec would obviously be using both channels. Personally I don't think I want to build a raid using an internal and a external drive, would you?
    The connectors have MX I 71167 on them? If you find the right one let us know. I know I want a couple, in fact if this becomes feasible I may buy a box or so and convert them to offer to others

Ken

There's a front page item on xlr8yourmac.com today from someone who did what we're discussing. He used Molex part number 71061-0003.

I looked for a while without success and since their search engine is ? no longer ? I'm afraid I could look a while longer and still not find it. Did you by chance bookmark the page? If you did post the link and I'll give it a read. Thanks!

Ken

Try http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/archives/dec02/121802.html

There's a link on Mike's main page prefaced with: "Miss a day?" And then there's a link to "Archives". From Archives you can select Dec. 18. Though when you tried it may still have been in "Previous three days" and not yet in the archives.

Very Cool, I filled out their request for the part/s. Once they consider my request I would imagine they will point me in the direction of a retail source or possibly offer them to me through there own channels? Time will tell, thanks for the link.

Thought I'd follow this up with my experience. I ordered the equivalent AMP part (3-174682-7) from Digi-Key for $6.03. Digi-Key's part number for the AMP part is A23705-ND. I chose US Priority Mail for my delivery method and had it in three days even crossing New Years Day.

I haven't installed the connector yet, but it's the right one. It looks good.

I didn't go the Molex sample route, because I was on the phone with them a couple of years ago trying to identify a different part I needed and the nice fellow asked me how many I needed. I told him 250 and he said he could sample out that many to me. Then they included pins and when it was all done, Molex sent me about $800 (using Digi-Key prices) in samples.

So I figure I've used up my Karmic allotment of Molex samples in this lifetime.

Ken, did you get your parts?

Yes I did. I went the Molex route and they sent me 4 completely free. Wow what a company. They have my business for life should the opportunity arise. They are the right ones but I've decided to try and remove the old solder with some solder wick which at the time I'm out of so next time I'm near Radio Shack I plan to get some and then onward with this project that seems like it should be fairly simple? (Hopefully)

Ken