Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: miles2 in G4?

Gregory, Thank you for the suggestion. I am hoping to avoid a brand new cable. Although maybe I should have a Granite anyway. But first i will try kaye's suggestion

Kaye,
    Thanks for the long in depth answer. Extremely helpful. Of course the Ah-ha moment was about midway when you mention just moving the double drive bracket and only putting a drive in the top so that pesky terminator tacks underneath. I tried stuff every which way but that one! How did I miss that option. That's what happens when you stay up to midnight trying to figure it out. (In the middle of it all I didn't seat the ATA cable properly in the drive and I was getting the flashing floppy with the ?. Not plugging in the drive was the forth or fifth thing to come to mind! (sheesh). I am going to trot right over to that box, drop the door and get out the screw driver. Perfect! Thanks.

Then I will get to running bashpack and getting your spin on its inscrutable (to me) numbers.

Thanks again, Greg

Is there any word on that new driver? I've been mostly happy with the Miles2 in my Beige G3 when running 10.1 - 10.1.5 but just loaded Jaguar and it doesn't see the card. I was going to see if I could get it to work before switching back to 10.1.5....

Hey jnaz,

Pirate Jaguar, eh? Can't help you with that one except to ask if I can have a copy (!!)

The card is working fine in the G4 except for the deep sleep thing. If I accidentally touch (and it can be just a brush, really) the power button on the 17 Studio Display, the Mac immediately goes into deep sleep. Can't wake it up without pushing the restart. Then when it comes back OSX doesn't recognize the drives attached to the Miles2 (it asks if I want to initialize, yikes!). To fix it, I restart again and all is fine. The "driver" is the firmware update that has been posted for months on Initio's site. No sign yet of the new one mentioned.The card seems to funtion just fine if I am booted into X or 9.2, so that functionality is good.

Heh, not really pirate, I still have access from a previous job....

It's interesting that you have the Deep Sleep bug. I thought that was supposed to be fixed long before the 12-3-01 OSX final beta update.

When running 10.1.x I didn't have any problems with sleep except waiting for the disks to spin back up.