PDA

View Full Version : Acrobat/Reader update (Retina fix)

MMOnline
09-12-2013, 02:21 PM
September 10, Adobe released an update for Acrobat Pro and Reader that addresses "sluggishness" when viewing PDFs in Retina Displays like iPads, MacBooks and Apple Desktop Displays.

So far the response has been positive in the Adobe Forums. Has anyone here run this update with a Retina Display, and has it helped with viewing PDFs?

rwm
09-13-2013, 11:09 AM
I don't have the Retina Displays in my iMac.... but

I am very tired of having an Adobe update seems weekly and just for Pandora. :mad:

MMOnline
09-13-2013, 08:12 PM
I don't have the Retina Displays in my iMac.... but

I am very tired of having an Adobe update seems weekly and just for Pandora. :mad:
I read that about ten times a week in the forums at Adobe.
Truth be told, there's an update every six (6) weeks on average, unless they identify a security issue, like they did in March, but that was only on Flash Player for Windows. Reader and Acrobat have been about 45 days between updates all year.

I learned some not so nice things about Safari 6 yesterday when it comes to Flash. The latest version (11.8.800.94) has had some isolated problems for Lion and Mt. Lion users. Adobe originally recommended going back to 11.7, but then it was discovered that the code in Safari "locks out" any older version of a plugin once the new one has been installed. The ONLY solution is to use Firefox or Chrome (which has its own Flash Player built in and its own set of problems as a result).