PDA

View Full Version : Print output in Preview

billybobski
08-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Hello there.

I know Preview isn't exactly a Graphics tool, but I thought someone might have an answer.

I often get PDFs from the web that I want to take away and read - they're several pages of type. So what I want to do is to output them at say 130% and make them legible (old eyes).

But whatever I do to the Preview 'print' page, I can't make the pages come out bigger. Is there something in Preferences that I'm missing? I know that I can save them in some form that I can then import into Quark and blow up, but it seems very long-winded!

Any help appreciated. (Is there some other PDF reader tucked away in OS that would be a better bet?)

Allen, London.

(iMac 3.2GHz, Intel i3, OS 10.6.8, Preview 5.0.3)

Damien
08-23-2012, 02:08 PM
If they are PDF would it be better to print from adobe reader? I use it to print tax forms and it does a fine job and free too.

In the page setup dialog box there is an option to increase by percentage

yeungfeng
08-23-2012, 11:57 PM
I have found Skim (http://skim-app.sourceforge.net) to be a really good PDF program, and it's free!!!

You might be able to change the Orientation (in the print window) to print wider pages and thus be able to print it in a larger font.

billybobski
08-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Thanks Damien, Yeungfeng.

I had a look in my Applications folder and found Adobe Acrobat Pro. Must have bought it, but can't remember why or when.

Anyway, it does the trick perfectly - much better print controls than Preview, in fact at a glance it seems to do everything much better than Preview, so thanks for the reminder (can't find 'Reader', but seems I don't need it).

Allen.