PDA

View Full Version : Slow Safari loads FB game Slowly

wojo
07-07-2012, 04:16 PM
MacBook 7,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz 2 GB OS 10.6.8. Safari 5.1.7- I have been playing a game on for some time. Past week or so what would load in 10-15 seconds now take 1 plus minutes to load. Tried resetting Safari, emptied cache, turned off all third party extensions, re installed adobe flash player current version. (At one point earlier this year my cursor disappeared and updating the flash player was a fix). I have Firefox installed primarily as a banking browser set to clear all cache and history when browser if closed so I tried the game on it. Loads quickly. Also tried Google Chrome. Also fast. Safari usually is twice as fast as with of them. I am confused. I MUST figure our why other browsers are beating the pants off Safari. Always boasting to my Windows co-workers that if I had my MacBook here I wouldn't be having the problems like these we have with IE 8. If I don't I will be ridiculed to death at work. PLEASE! IF my coworkers get wind of a problem on my Mac I will never hear the end of it. It won't matter that it a once a while problem instead of a "daily" battle.
Any Suggestions are appreciated. BTW- While I was typing this I checked for software updates-All Current.

ricks
07-07-2012, 05:08 PM
General consensus is that Safari sucks. Firefox has it soundly beat.

I am not a fan of Chrome. Too many errors in logs and too many other system problems from it.

Rick

wojo
07-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Since posting, I have been using Chrome. Shows A LOT of sites "not secure content".
I don't have to tell anyone at work about Safari, Do I? I will just start using Firefox for everything and set preferences to not save any banking settings. I am already tired of Chrome too.
Thanks for you input

unclemac
07-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Another browser to have in the mix is Opera (http://www.opera.com/browser/).

I keep at least 3 at hand at all times. No real favorite, just cycle through them.

yeungfeng
07-08-2012, 01:37 AM
I was having the same problem, some time ago. But I upgraded to Lion and now I haven't found myself with that problem any more. It might be some kind of Snow Leopard / Safari thing.

wojo
07-08-2012, 03:13 PM
My favorite about Safari was an extension that "enlarged" images as I passed my cursor over them. Chrome offers one as well, but, I have already expressed my feeling on it. Can not find such an ad on to Firefox.
I will see what Opera offers. I had it on my old iMac G5 but don't remember if I liked it or not. I have too many Power PC softwares I use and no finances to update them Lion and one of them is Appleworks.

Everyone have a good Week. Ours just started out today with urgently needed rain.