PDA

View Full Version : G5 cd-rom issues

macbert
08-03-2011, 05:08 PM
I have a G5 2.3 dual \ 6 gb ram \ 2 TB HD \ Tiger 10.4.3. and it seems the more i use the CD-RW to listen to music or record my CD-RW starts to act strange. Sometimes when I hit the eject button on the keyboard it opens and sometimes it dosent. Other times I hit the eject key and it opens real quicky and closes before I can get the CD out, then when i press the eject key again, then it opens and stays open long enough to get the CD out.

I swapped out the drive twice with other CD-RW drives that came out of other G5's and they all do the same thing. Whats up with that ???!!!

Hazkell
08-03-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm sure you have heard this ..... many times.
How full is the HD? If you have too much on the HD ..... can bog down and screw with commands .... as in won't react as quickly.

Run All the utility programs ... applejack, diskwarrior, etc. .... maybe a few times in a row.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.

h

Damien
08-04-2011, 03:27 AM
The first thing that comes to mind is the eject key on the keyboard. do you have another keyboard to test? If not just unplug the keyboard and plug in only a mouse and eject using right-click or drag to trash. If the problem is still there then it's not the keyboard

another thing to test is does it do it on a newly created user account. If it's only on one user account then you know it's not some other hardware

macbert
08-13-2011, 01:27 AM
The first thing that comes to mind is the eject key on the keyboard. do you have another keyboard to test? If not just unplug the keyboard and plug in only a mouse and eject using right-click or drag to trash. If the problem is still there then it's not the keyboard

another thing to test is does it do it on a newly created user account. If it's only on one user account then you know it's not some other hardware

Ok I will give it a try, thanks !!!!!!