PDA

View Full Version : A Dual monitor question of how to...

rwm
08-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I have my 42" hooked with my iMac how do I or can I have a screen saver running on the TV and my computer just a computer. I have photos that use the collage option in settings to a album in iPhoto. What can't I see. I could put those photos into another app and it should work but there must be an easier way - right?

Damien
08-04-2010, 04:17 AM
You want the SS ON on the TV and off on the iMac at the same time Correct?

The built in screen saver is both or nothing and screen savers are only active when you are inactive so no third party SS will do what you want.

However.... I do have an idea....

The built in SS will rotate your desktop backgrounds for you IF you drag a folder of pics to the desktop pics window in the Desktops & Screensavers Pref Pane. Assuming you have no folders or files on that desktop then this should accomplish much the same task. Won't work if you are using desktop mirroring tho. (neither will anything else most likely... mirroring is like that)

rwm
08-04-2010, 11:23 AM
The built in screen saver is both or nothing and screen savers are only active when you are inactive so no third party SS will do what you want. I came to that assumption and could not see a way around this. That's why I asked --- I'll try that...