PDA

View Full Version : G4 733 / Leopard 10.5 won't load

briardguy
03-24-2010, 10:17 PM
I bought Leopard 10.5 and want to put it on my 2 G4 733 's. I know the system requirements say min 867 mhz but I have seen numerous macs for sale with slower speeds running Leopard. My daughter bought a used G4 733 and it came with Leopard........is there a way around this or was there a lower version that works on 733's ? I've seen Leopard upgrade software from Tiger to Leopard.........

HELP

Damien
03-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Try this (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/33657)

unclemac
03-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Nice.

The manual way is to install 10.5 on a late model PPC, then clone the OS back to your older PPC.

I like your way better. :rolleyes:

briardguy
03-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Thx for the link.... it worked and Leopard loaded ...... however while it was updating in auto update, I was dumb enough to look through the settings..... I went into displays to look at settings and must have accidently clicked on something...... all of a sudden it beeped twice and my monitor went to sleep....now, every time it reboots the monitor goes to sleep right after start up..... what the heck did I do and how do I fix it...... is there a way to reset the monitor setting to "default settings ???

i'm bumming out here ........now i can even reload Leopard because the monitor sleeps before I can reload Leopard assist !!!!

briardguy
03-26-2010, 08:40 AM
here's some additional info:

The powerpc boots to the Leopard log in screen. Right after log in , the Leopard screen turns blue, the machine beeps twice and the monitor shuts down. However, he machine stays on !

I shut it down and rebooted in target mode and accessed it with my G4 iBook. everythung is fine. I then configured my iBook to use the powerpc as the start up disk. Again, everything fine...... went thru log in and everything works. While in the Target mode, the powerpc monitor stayed on the entire time with the target mode logo. The iBook controled the powerpc perfectly. I shut down both machines and re-booted the powerpc again..... just like before....right after log in, blue screen, 2 beeps and monitor shuts off.......

what the heck is going on ????