PDA

View Full Version : General Wireless keyboard question

rwm
11-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Hey guys I just got this Apple wireless keyboard. (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC184LL/A) The little guy with no number pad. I was wondering about turning it on and off and curious about what the battery life might be? My computers usually on 12 hrs and off 12.

If I read things right just turning it off and on morning/night will work fine. I'll forget. Neighbor said he just leaves his. Also Apples site kinda says it shuts off?

What's best?

Greentree_uk
11-29-2009, 03:10 PM
I just leave mine on. never know how long battery lasts. I just recharge them when it's flat. would be good to know though. maybe there's an app for that.

rwm
11-29-2009, 05:50 PM
In my system prefs -> keyboard... I find at the bottom left of the screen it now says "keyboard battery level XX%". That should help. Also my neighbor said he leaves his on probably 24/7 and it's been 2-3+ months he said.

Good enough. :p

unclemac
12-01-2009, 12:17 AM
I thought I read the newer ones were smart and slept or something. Several months (always switched on) sounds right to me.

rwm
12-01-2009, 11:34 AM
I dumped my sugar filled tea right on the little sucker last night after only 3 days. :mad: :o

It felt OK last night but a fey sticky keys today. The second time a keyboards been had by my tea in 20-25 years. It seems OK.

Suggestions?

ricks
12-01-2009, 11:47 AM
I'll bet that keyboard has scissor keys. They are not so much fun to remove and clean under. Still possible to do. I don't know any other way to keep it working. A little sticky today is not working after a little dust gets in the mix.

rwm
12-01-2009, 12:26 PM
A little sticky today is not working after a little dust gets in the mix. My worries. I'll have to wait just to see how bad. I need to find which keys .... seems better already.

The tea hit the right side and I immediately turned it over a friend was here we kept it upside down and cleaned as best we could.

Actually I am not finding many sticky ones any longer. I'll have to see.