PDA

View Full Version : Silicon Image SNow Leopard Drivers out



ricks
10-12-2009, 09:30 AM
New (beta) Silicon Image drivers are out for Snow Leopard. We are starting our in house testing on these as we speak, but wanted to set you up with links and advise you of their existence. Our testing will take at least several days for a preliminary test on reliability. Several weeks for comprehensive testing. These are beta drivers. That means that Silicon Image also has not completed full compatibility testing and is unwilling to unreservedly state the product is completely compatible. Use with discretion! Make sure you have backups of all data before attaching your database to a host card running beta drivers.

For the Silicon Image 3132 - this is the chipset in 2 port cards for MacBookPro or MacPro tower:

http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI3132_1.1.11u_Sil_Pkg_BETA.zip


For the Silicon Image 3124 driver - this is the chipset on 4 port cards:

http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI3124_2.0.5u_Sil_Pkg_BETA.zip




Rick

unclemac
10-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the update!!!!!

momo
10-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Was wondering if/when SI would act on this...ok...still waiting till all the testing is done...and maybe another apple round of fixes as well...later...

ricks
10-15-2009, 08:53 AM
So far testing looks good. I have a single customer with a 2 port card that cannot get it to stop KPing. ALl has been quiet other than that.

R

momo
10-30-2009, 06:51 AM
So far testing looks good. I have a single customer with a 2 port card that cannot get it to stop KPing. ALl has been quiet other than that.

R

Just wondering if you feel it's safe to use the driver now. Can I upgrade my Macbook Pro to 10.6? Should I wait a bit longer? I can wait, there's no big hurry.

ricks
10-30-2009, 09:58 AM
If the only thing you are waiting on is Silicon Image drivers, then yes, go for it. They appear to be golden.

There are loads of other issues involved in the choice to move to a new OS. You need to look at all your major apps and make sure they will run ok.

If you make a living on your computer then no excuse to get in a hurry. Only if you have the time to fix the inevitable unexpected hiccups should anyone consider it.

Backup, Backup, backup!

Rick

momo
10-31-2009, 03:57 AM
If the only thing you are waiting on is Silicon Image drivers, then yes, go for it. They appear to be golden.

There are loads of other issues involved in the choice to move to a new OS. You need to look at all your major apps and make sure they will run ok.

If you make a living on your computer then no excuse to get in a hurry. Only if you have the time to fix the inevitable unexpected hiccups should anyone consider it.

Backup, Backup, backup!

Rick

Thanks Rick...good to hear it works...All my major apps seem good to go...last things i need to check, drivers for an old printer I'd still like to use and an old scanner...

But I do think I'll wait a bit for apples next snow leopard update before trying this...and I'm gonna ccc a copy of my set up in 10.5 so I can swap back if there's something I've missed that isn't SL compatible...

thanks for all your help...

M