PDA

View Full Version : dvd drive drawer opens on start up

briardguy
09-26-2009, 05:09 PM
I have a G4 733mhz powerpc...... this nit came with an aftermarket Toshiba DVD burner. Upon start up, the dvd drawer opens... which is not such a big deal until.......

I want to install OSX on an iBook g3 via target mode. OSX install disk requires a restart before installing.... so, the power pc restarts but the DVD draw opens by itself before it can boot to disc ! .... very annoying.....

it there any way to keep the dvd door from opening at start up ????

thx

Damien
09-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Hold the C key down to tell it to boot to the disc and as soon as it openspush it right back in. it should boot to the disc then. That should get you going with the iBook

As far as getting that behavior to stop you might pul the drive and see that it is set to 'Master' and not slave or cableselect

ricks
09-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Make sure your mouse button is not stuck on. That will also tell the CD to open during startup.

R

briardguy
09-27-2009, 12:36 PM
thx guys, i'll crack the G4 when i get a chance, I'll check to see if it's set to master..... i tried another mouse and same thing......not a big problem, just an annoying one.......

unclemac
09-27-2009, 08:43 PM
If you unplug the keyboard and mouse before booting, you will can easily know if it anything on the USB bus.