PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new mouse today for my ibook...

momo
09-22-2009, 07:15 AM
a logitech v100 optical mouse...the package shows compatibility with OS 10.2.8 and newer...I'm running 10.3.9 so figured no problem...

problem is, the software you can download off the logitech site for this model mouse is only compatible with 10.4 and up...

I downloaded it anyway to try and sure enough it isn't compatible...

any way around this?...the computer recognizes the mouse, i mean you can move the pointer around on the screen but you can't click on anything...it's pretty much dead...

first time i've ever purchased a product computer related with false info printed right on the package...

ok, that's my sad story :rolleyes:

guess another trip to the store to return this tomorrow is in the cards...what a waste of time...can i send logitech a bill for wasting my time?...I charge $750 the hour :)

ricks
09-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Write or call Logitech and get the older driver. Hard for them to keep all the drivers up. If you can get anyone there at all that knows anything, they will fix you up.

Rick

momo
09-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Write or call Logitech and get the older driver. Hard for them to keep all the drivers up. If you can get anyone there at all that knows anything, they will fix you up.

Rick

I'll give 'em a call tomorrow...seems their email is down for a while...

M

momo
09-23-2009, 04:30 AM

Rick

you know what? I returned the logitech mouse and bought, gasp, a microsoft optical mouse...

I'm disappointed in logitech...there email system isn't working until 28 september or something because of some work they're doing...i can't believe a company like this would let any time pass with their email support not working...

and i tried to call the support phone number here in france this morning and all i got was a recording saying the number wasn't valid...

so, whoever took over for bill gates got my money this time...

boo logitech :crossbne:

ps...if you're curious...here's the link to the logitech page that says their updating their email system and it won't be available for a month...a month!...in 2009 i find it hard to believe that a computer related company can't keep their existing email support working while they prepare a new, better type of service...ok, now i can get back to work...adios...

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/447/6210&cl=us,en

Damien
09-23-2009, 08:40 AM
USB Overdrive would have run that mouse as would SteerMouse software. If you had any of those already. But they both cost $ if you didn't already own one. You shouldn't buy a new hardware device and then have to pay more $ for software to run it