PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard .. please something happened ..

DavidOrtiz
08-30-2009, 06:39 AM
Hi Guys!

I know I'm new to the MAC world and still have no regrets making the switch from a lifelong relationship with the PC to the MAC on July 29th 2009. I LOVE my iMac and the OS as well. That being said, I was excited to purchase the OS X Leopard edition for only $9.95 as I have a qualifying computer.

However, I have lost the ability to receive email from Hotmail which was working fine until I updated the OS. So, if I may .. I have just three questions I'm hopeful some of the Mac Savvy folks may be able to point me in the right direction.

1- Is there a way to make Hotmail work with Snow Leopard? If not ...
2- Can I revert my system back to the original OS? If not ...
3- Would it beneficial (and possible) to do a "clean install" of either OS, and if so is it complicated?

Thanks everyone, I'll keep looking online for any answers relative to this. I have noticed other folks appear to be complaining about the same thing as I searched the Internet.

Thank you for your valued time.

Sincerely,
-Dave :confused:

PS: It appears I can only send but not receive. :-(

unclemac
08-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Hey,

If you use a web browser, everything works........but not with the Mail app?

crazyeights
08-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Wow... that's bizarre...

A little short on info here...

You are using Hotmail as webmail? Or using a mail client and doing mail via pop3?

What browser if web mail? Use ANOTHER one and see if it works.

I wild guess is there is an issue with Hotmail's Java implementation.

I would also go to hotmail, and see what you can find in their troubleshooting directory for this issue, if anything.

8's

:jollyrog: