PDA

View Full Version : WD usb 2 external hard drive

Disc2
01-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Hi,
I have a Elements External HD with 400 gb hard drive usb 2.0. I have a 54 gb image files and it will take 28 hours to transfer the files from a quicksilver g4. Is it possible to take dismantle the external hard drive and move the hard drive internally instead? It is very very slow since the g4 does not have a usb 2.0 i think. Advice needed. Thanks - Gerry

Disc2
01-20-2009, 07:23 AM
Hi,
Earlier I tried to disassemble the WD Element external hard drive and took the hard drive out. I was surprised that the back of the hard drive looked different than the PATA and SCSI hd and has no 4 pin power connector. So Im sure it wont work on my quicksilver. I was about to return everything together when I remembered that the connector looked like the ones in the G5. Installed it to the G5 and boot up, the Elements HD showed on the desktop without initializing. That was great and same files moved will take only less than an hour than 28 hours of wait. I think I made a right decision with this one rather than the new 400gb hd usb 2.0 sitting in the storage.