PDA

View Full Version : Using an Old JamStudio Tablet with Mac OS X

pmaril
12-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Hello everyone:

I am posting here as a last resource, becouse I have searched the web over, and over, and over again, and found no help for me, so I decide to go to the coolest and wildest Mac Users on the planet... OK, I stop with that.

My problem is with an old, really old Pen Tablet from KBGear, the JamStudio.

I found this old tablet under a couple of boxes at home, and was sitting without any use since... well I really don't know...

I think: "Well, let's give it a chance", and plug the thing on an iBook G4 with OS 10.4, and voila! works... until I press down the pen... and then it locks down.

Moves the cursor from here to there, and if I press hard, takes it like a mouse button pressed, but when I release the pressure, it still keeps doing little points of pressure, like a mad man jumping over the mouse... like if I was pressing too much, but I am not pressing at all.

Is impossible to use it like this, but I found this post on other site, where they talk about sensitivity on X11:
http://www.x.org/archive/X11R6.8.0/doc/js_x.4.html#sect2

How could I rearrange the sensitivity of this pen?, or disable the sensitivity factor and use just the button to click?

I have a Bamboo tablet on the iMac 2007, but it would be nice to have this working for the kids, and for emergency works, when the iMac and the Bamboo are not enough.

Please, if someone could give me a hand...

Well, my best wishes to all of you, Mac Users, from Argentina.

Pablo

iBook G4 (iMac 2.0, iBook G3 700, iBook G3 300, iMac Rev. B, 8600, Q700, Classi) Mac OS X (10.4.11) Love portables.

unclemac
12-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi again,

Good to see you are up to your tricks again, making stuff work. :D

Don't know about this one, bit will check around and see if I know anybody that has any ideas.

Let's see who else might know something.......anyone???

pmaril
12-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks a lot Unclemac.

Always a pleassure to know people like you is helping.

The old iMac... is warking like a charm...

See you.