PDA

View Full Version : Printer window changed???

rwm
11-23-2008, 06:13 PM
I have a lexmark E320 laser printer and when ever I have printed in the past (3+ years) I had the option to print page 1 to (any) like 3 to (5 or any) just this Wed/Thursday I went to print. Did a preview then cancelled it, only wanted pages 2 - 3 but only had the smaller dialog box below. Also had a choice of how many copies.

No changes or updates to the computer. There must be a way to change that back to a larger box.

Ideas
Randy

opps the attachment :o

unclemac
11-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Ha! You will love this.........

See that little down arrow on the square thingy? It is a button. Push it. :)

rwm
11-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks Unc

I thought I clicked most everything. :o I must have one tire squashing my O2 hose thus affecting my brains ability to get O2 and think. :D

unclemac
11-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Stay off the O2 line!

This one gets too many folks. Doesn't look like a button, and the icon doesn't help.

rwm
12-03-2008, 09:27 PM
How do I keep it defaulting there like the old days. :(

unclemac
12-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Forgot to get back to you......

There are a couple ways. Like nearly all things on a computer, things that are modifiable have a preference file that controls how they open or behave, even if there is no easy way to set or change the preference. So, how?

Command line works. Apple gives a cool little tool called default write.....for writing defaults. Very simple, if you know the variables. I don't, but here (http://www.nerdlogger.com/2008/08/activate-expanded-save-and-print-menus.html) it is.

The second way is easier than trying to learn and remember the parameters to run the command line. Many of the free and shareware utility apps build a nice GUI to let us easily find and manipulate some of these preferences that Apple didn't think we might want to change. Tinkertool (http://www.bresink.de/osx/0TinkerTool/details.html) is free, and gives you this option (the latest version for 10.5), and dozens more.