PDA

View Full Version : Burly 6 bay tower unmounting at random times

bparris
07-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Hi,

I have 2 of the burly 6 bay towers, striped to raid 0. I use 1 for video editing, and the other to run a backup of the first tower nightly. Lately my backup tower has been acting strange. It will disconnect at random times, and a lot of the time when I boot i t will not show up anywhere but in disk utility, which will not allow me to mount it. I have both of the towers plugged into the caldigit raid card on my quad g5. I have tried swapping cables between the towers, swapping ports on the esata card, nothing seems to be working. Anybody have any suggestions?

rwm
07-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Just keeping this alive. I am not the RAID or Burly Guru. Someone will be around.

Please provide the others with a little more info..... Type of RAID hardware or Software - application used to create RAID, drive size, type, brand, firmware if known. How it's all connected. Which host card do you use. What backup program or procedure. Recent add-on's or changes. Any little clue or tip might be the piece of info that reminds someone of what is going on.

Nicolas
07-20-2008, 05:52 AM
Hello,

maybe a gone bad HD?
Check if all drives are ok (to check this out you have to "unRAID" the RAID0 and all your data will be lost :()

Regards

Nicolas

ricks
07-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey all, I am on the road this week, so I am not as available on the forums as I usually am.

This thread also went to us via email. I started the process and Brian is continuing it from the Dungeon at MacGurus. I doubt you see any activity here from the user since we are all over it elsewhere.

R