PDA

View Full Version : movie downloads ?

Hazkell
03-19-2008, 02:05 PM
I joined a moviescap...l.com (not the complete name!).
They had a real good presentation and legal..... so I joined.

Have had the service for about 1 1/2 months, with very crappy movies and downloads that only d-load about 1/3 of the file.
Streaming doest work for about 1/2 of the movies.

They say their NEW to the business and things will be professional in the next months .... guess I'll find!.
They don't reveal that until you become a "member".
No sense in trying to get my money back .... because once you select a movie to watch .... there's no way out.

Right now, I'm good and pissed!
Can you say "GOOD an PISSED!)

I see it as more internet shine-ola.
These guys are as bad as the "fine print" on the credit cards we all have or don't understand.

I'm not going to help them (as a member) to constantly send them e-mails about it.

I figure, I've done my part .... 6 in 1 month is enough.
They don't even acknowledge the fact that they even got them... probable because they run in the thousands!

Here's my question!
I know someone on here downloads or streams movies on their Mac.

What are the good legal sites that they use.... I only ask this because there are too many to choose from??

Please pass on this information!
I'll send you some karma and a caramel apple!

thanks all, h

despaxas
03-21-2008, 08:41 AM
As far as legal places... Netflix seems to stream movies, and I guess you could buy them through iTunes. The industry itself is trying to figure this out. I would predict that eventually studios themselves like Lionsgate or MGM would put their movies as pay-per-download on their own websites. Of course it would be over the objections of distribution and retailers, but they would still have a purpose for people who want the physical media in their hands. Or who knows, it could be something totally different.

Damien
03-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Netflix does not support Macs :mad:

despaxas
03-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Really? That sucks, well they better be working on it :)

Hazkell
03-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks?
I've gotten burned once with moviescapital.com ... now I'm working on my second burn!

Nothing but vapor-ware out there ...... buy at your own risk!

Guess I'll be waiting in line like most.

Not interested in buying DVD .... why do that, if you can download and burn your own .... legally.

There are sites that let you stream FREE movies, but they are older ones and give you a very small screen, but give you 100% legal watching.
NO LAW-MAN involved!

later,h