PDA

View Full Version : xServe Migration Project in Dallas - Where do I find people?

nickgenesys
02-14-2008, 01:21 PM
HELP! I have a project for an xServe migration in Dallas and I have no idea where to find people with experience in this area. Anyone have any ideas?

If you would like to apply directly you can email me at <b>nicholas (at) genesysgroup.com</b>. Feel free to also email me with suggestions on where I might go to find people with this experience.

"We are looking to migrate our current Mac server to a new one and need for someone to do it. Basic migration from one XServe with (2) External Storage RAID Chassis to a new Xserve with the existing Storage RAID Chassis."

Thank you all for your help,

Nick Cumberland
Genesys Group
http://www.genesysgroup.com

unclemac
02-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Love to help out, but it sounds like you need someone on the ground in Texas. Don't know of any or our senior members that can do the job that are in the area. Let's see who speaks up.

Greentree_uk
02-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Get me the flights and I'm there! not much help I know but seems like you have a few.

http://www.apple.com/buy/locator/service/

a search in dallas reveals

Apple Store Knox Street
3101 Knox St.
Highland Park, TX 75205

Sewelltech
1325 Conant St
Dallas, TX 75207

Apple Store NorthPark Center
8687 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75225

Geek Squad Store
5730 West Lovers Ln
Dallas, TX 75209

Procomputing Corporation
1545 Prudential Dr
Dallas, TX 75235

Micro Center
13929 N Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75243

Associated Technical Services
5220 Spring Valley
Dallas, TX 75254

Computize
1850 N Greenville Ave Ste 170
Richardson, TX 75081
Next

looking at their qualifications it seems you have 3 choices. Computize, Procomputing or sewelltech. looking at their websites reveals all need updating. but having no experience with them I've no idea what they are like. there are also a good few more service providers if you click "more"

nickgenesys
02-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks for all of the options. I truly wish I had the budget to fly someone in. They're telling me that I need to have a local-yokel though. :p

I'll take a look at those companies you mentioned and see if they might be able to help me out. Also, if there is anyone local that would like to do the project on their off-time, I'd love to offer the project to them. I am sure there would be a significant cost difference, which would make everyone happy. :D

Thanks again,

Nick