PDA

View Full Version : KONA 3 and Final Cut Pro 6 Output issues

entourage714
01-29-2008, 03:28 PM
We have a Brand New Mac Pro with 8gb ram and dual quad core processors. We have a AJA Kona 3 card with a breakout box attached. I would like some help with the Final Cut output settings. Here is the info on the file that we are trying to output.

Codec: Animation
Uncompressed
Rez: 1920x1080 Pixels
FPS: 24

We tried several 1080 settings in Final Cut, but output still did not work properly. Our output freezes and then plays catchup.

thanks for you help.
Johnny

entourage714
01-29-2008, 03:44 PM
think it could be the bnc cable, is there a hd bnc cable?

despaxas
01-30-2008, 08:02 AM
Yes, HD can be transmitted on a BNC cable as SDI only, as an analog carrier it is capable of only SD. You listed Uncompressed and Animation as the codec, but they are two separate codecs. I don't use Kona hardware but I would assume it is capable of outputing any quicktime compatible codec like other pro cards, so you SHOULDN'T have a problem with the Animation codec, but I'm sure UC, DVCPROHD, HDCAM, DVCPro50 and P2 codecs would work great. Your problem is common when the codec FCP is using (in the sequence and timeline) is different from the card output settings (like frame size, NTSC/PAL or unrendered effect/s). Some things to try would be to toggle the "mirror on desktop" option in the playback settings, or make a simple test sequence in the UC codec to test the Kona output options. Let us know what happens.

despaxas
01-30-2008, 10:15 AM
I just thought of something else, I don't mean to insult your intelligence but make sure the viewer window is at 100% and there are no scroll bars visible or it would also make the video jerky, even through the video outputs.