PDA

View Full Version : PrintFab - is it freezing my Canon?

billybobski
07-06-2007, 02:31 AM
Running iMac, OS10.4.9, Quark, Photoshop, etc., outputting through the wonderful PrintFab software RIP to a Canon Pixma MP800.

1) The advice from Nicolas about PrintFab has proved excellent, and I'm getting 'wow'-quality results.

2) But. It seems that since I installed the RIP, my printer seizes-up every other day, unless I very carefully go through all the sub-menus (on Quark) making sure all the 'PrintFab' settings are selected and boxes ticked.

I can't find any help in Quark preferences, as what I would LIKE to do is to set up a default set of print parameters so that I can just press Command P each time, rather than going through the checking process before I print. I've even tried deleting all the PPDs except the Canon, but the darned things keep coming back (not sure if this is relevant).

Any ideas?

Allen, London.

TZ
07-06-2007, 03:59 AM
I wonder if there is a plist or temporary preference/settings files that you can see that is created (might be in /private/tmp or almost anywhere)

No place to do a Save As... or a Printer Setup Utility I guess? that would be too darn easy! :D

Nicolas
07-06-2007, 06:13 AM
But. It seems that since I installed the RIP, my printer seizes-up every other day, unless I very carefully go through all the sub-menus (on Quark) making sure all the 'PrintFab' settings are selected and boxes ticked.

This is always the same thing for every printer you have to go thru EVERY menu of the Print and Page settings in QXP also in every other app.

If you have multiple output devices this can end up by imaging 24 pages to an Imagesetter instead of 8 pages on a color laser copier ;)

But, with QXP u can set Printstyles so set up a printing style for every Printer you have for example:
Canon Letter HQ
Canon Letter MQ

See the Link below for a tutorial on how to setup a QXP printing style ;)
http://www.design.iastate.edu/LABS/tutorials/quarkxpress/qx0006.html

Regards

Nicolas

billybobski
07-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks TZ, Nicolas.

I'll have a look at those and report back in a day or two.

Allen.