PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut HD- synching timecode w F500 HD deck

Elizabeth
05-16-2007, 09:28 AM
We are editing in Final Cut HD version 5.0.2. We are experiencing problems synching timecode as we attempt to master to tape. We need specific settings to make it work. \

We are using a KONA 2 PCI CARD going to the SONY HDW F 500 DECK, using HD/SDI signal.
Any ideas?

thanks!
Elizabeth

ricks
05-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi ya Elizabeth.

Welcome to MacGurus Forums! My apologies that you got caught in our newly installed filter system today before it got fully configured. Your post should have popped right up but it got put into moderation because we hadn't finished configuring the darn thing to catch spam posters. We literally installed the new code right as you were posting. Please accept my personal apology, I'll try not to let it happen again.

Hopefully someone who groks timecodes will stop in shortly and answer your question. Unfortunately I am singularly unequipped to answer this, poor screwdriver jockey that I am.

Welcome.

Rick

TZ
05-16-2007, 11:53 AM
If you have any thoughts on another on-going discussion (http://www.macgurus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23387) "video library" contemplating KONA 3 system w/ Mac Pro, much appreciated! ;)

despaxas
05-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Do you mean the timecode that's laid down on tape ends up being different than the timecode shown in the timeline? Or different than the timecode track associated with a particular clip? What is your workflow like so that we can get a better idea of your problem.