PDA

View Full Version : iMac 5 duo Intel. Oversensitive?

billybobski
03-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Running a new iMac 5. Overall, no complaints, but it seems that the mouse might be a bit temperamental.

When I am just doing 'ordinary' everyday things with the mouse, I quite often get an internet page jumping back to the previous page. I've got the mouse set up like an old-fashioned one - single button only, and no, it's not a wireless mouse. I have it in the USB slot in the keyboard, not the main machine.

If it was a traditional mouse, I'd take it to bits and make sure there were no crumbs stuck to the wheels, but is there anything I can do with this one on the same level?

It does similar things to non-web programs, too, like Quark, i.e. jumping around from point to point when I haven't asked it to.

Ta.

Allen, London.

unclemac
03-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Optical and laser mice either work, or they don't. Never seen one repaired....maybe someone else knows a trick.

Newer mice are so good, and so inexpensive that most folks use a jumpy mouse as an excuse to buy a new one. :)

Greentree_uk
03-08-2007, 09:47 AM
not sure I follow your post. however optical mice are not good (especially the apple ones) if you have a reflective surface.

unclemac
03-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Ahh......yes. Good point. Glass or shiny desktop is a no-no. If it is still jumpy on a mouse pad (or a sheet of paper to test), time for a new mouse.

billybobski
03-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Thanks greentree, unclemac. The reflective surface might be the culprit.

Allen.