PDA

View Full Version : Document Mark-up in "Pure" Apple Environment

em
02-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey All,

Quick question about marking up documents in OS 10.4.8. I recently moved to a MBP (from a G4) and decided to try using exclusively Apple apps (e.g., no MS Office or Adobe CS). My needs are pretty low-speed, and I have access to Office and Acrobat on my work machine. Basically what I need is Word for academic and business documents and Acrobat for manipulating PDFs. So far, Pages is doing what I need, though I'm still pretty slow on it. But, I've not found a way with Preview to do what I need, namely merging PDFs and marking up docs (either as text or pdf docs).

I use a Wacom Graphire 4 on my mac, and my work machine is an HP tablet. What I'd like to be able to do is to mark up student papers with the pen. On the G4, I would convert the Word docs that they submitted into PDFs and then mark them in Acrobat. On my tablet, I just mark them directly in Word (which is far preferable: smaller files, no need to convert, and doesn't have to be in intimidating red ink, like in Acrobat).

Don't any of the Apple apps allow for tablet input--mind you, I DON'T want it converted to text (i.e., using the ink well handwriting recognition). I want to return to the students their doc, with my handwritten comments. I'd prefer, for reasons already mentioned, to avoid installing/using Acrobat.

Thanks in advance,
em

TZ
02-27-2007, 11:59 AM
PDF Studio
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/26089

Product Description:
PDF Studio is an easy to use yet powerful tool to work with PDF documents.

- Scan-To-PDF
- Add Sticky Notes and Markup Annotations
- Add Audio Comments
- Fill PDF Interactive Forms
- Extract Text
- Remove Pages, Add Pages
- PDF-To-Images (jpg, tiff)
- Batch Functions to Work with Multiple Documents
- Update Permissions and Passwords
- Import, Export to fdf, xfdf
- And more...