PDA

View Full Version : Menu Bar question

mongoose20
02-08-2007, 03:11 PM
I finally got my boss to get me a Mac (iMac 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB RAM) for my office. I use dual monitors all the time at work (iMac is 17" and I have an external 19") so I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to get the menu bar on both screens.

Maybe this sounds crazy, but I've been working for a while now in the new setup trying to decide which screen to use for which applications, changed which screen would have the menu bar, I've done everyting I can think of, but I can't get completely happy with my on-screen layout because I keep finding myself wanting the Menu Bar but I'm on the other screen. So is there a way to get the menu bar to display on both screens?

Mark

TZ
02-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Mirroring. But there is a utility that will put the menu bar directly under the mouse so you can save yourself a trip to the menu bar entirely with just a command key and click.

unclemac
02-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Mirroring will do it, but you end up without a spanned desktop. Pretty sure there is no way (without a third party tool like TZ mentioned) to do what you are wanting.

mongoose20
02-09-2007, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the reply TZ.

Like unclemac mentioned mirroring defeats the purpose of having dual monitors for me, but I would be interested in the utility you mentioned. Could you share a link where I can learn more about that utility?

Thanks,

Mark