PDA

View Full Version : Joining several Video_TS disks to one DVD-Video Disk

kakadu
11-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi there i have just purchased a Canon DVD Camcorder..I have several Mini-DVD's which have the Video_TS folders and wld like to place them on one DVD disk only..How can i do this pls?
I am using a 10.4.6 with an iMac G5..
Any ideas thanx..

Kakadu

despaxas
11-16-2006, 11:06 AM
A DVD can only have one VIDEO_TS folder, so you will have to make a new one from your two or three DVDs. MiniDVDs are 1.4GB each and DVDs hold 4.36GB so three full MiniDVDs are the most that would fit.

First you must rip the audio and video from the MiniDVDs, then use an authoring program to make a new VIDEO_TS folder. A good free program that will rip the audio and video from a VIDEO_TS folder and into separate files (called demuxing) is YadeX .99b, just select all the "titles" in the window, and use the "save streams" option from the drop down menu. The resulting files will be: video file will be .m2v, and the audio file will either be .ac3, .pcm or .m2a. There may be other files like .bin or .sp but just discard them.

You now need an authoring app to combine these files, there is only one free authoring app that I know of called Sparkle, and I remember it not working well but YMMV. The easiest way to combine these files and burn a DVD is to purchase Toast 7. You just select DVD in the menu and drag these files into the window and hit burn. Depending on how the files were originally encoded, Toast may reencode them which would slightly degrade their quality, but you probably wouldn't notice the difference unless the video has a lot of motion in it. There is an option in Toast that can be set to never reencode video files, but it may have to anyway if it encounters certain compression schemes. The highest quality way would be to use DVD Studio Pro since it will never reencode them, but that of course is overkill unless you already owned it.

Let me know if you have any questions...

kakadu
12-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Hi there i have just changed from a iMac G5 to an iMac Intel Core 2..
Previously when i tried to import a .VOB into MPEG Streamclip it just fixed the time breaks and played the movie, then i exported it and put them onto one DVD..
Now since i have tried to use it with the new iMac Intel a message pops up saying that i dont have a Quicktime 6 MPEG 2 playback component is not installed..For one i have QT 7 Pro secondly i have Final Cut Pro 5 installed..I thought that with these 2 programs i wld have this component..Why now am i having problems with this message???Whereas previously i never saw this message..i also have Toast 7..
I have min-dvd's that i have several TS-Folders on them and i want to place them onto one DVD (4.7GB)..
So now what?

Thanx

kaye
12-20-2006, 06:36 PM
It is an addon to QuickTime http://www.apple.com/quicktime/mpeg2/ k

kakadu
12-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Yes i know that but they say if you have Final Cut Pro then it is already installed?
Thanx

kaye
12-21-2006, 06:59 AM
This is what I found http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301871 k

kakadu
12-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Thanx for the info bit i am still confused..with FCP 5, iMac G5 and MPEG Slipstream i was able to easliy open movis in MPEG SS..Now i have moved to Intel and still with FCP 5 it no longer wants to open MPEG-2 in MPEG SS..

Confusing..