PDA

View Full Version : help with Pro TV card

opa
05-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Hi

I have a Pal Formac Pro TV card, but i'm having trouble to get colour picture and sound;(at the moment i can only get two of the four channels in Uruguay, and only in black and white); i cheked the TV norm and they told me the norm here in Uruguay (South america), is Pal N; the card is Pal B/G (C);i went to the Formac site and they don"t have information about this product???;so i'm wondering if : is there any chance i can get this card to work? is it possible to change the norm of the card?;if all this is not possible, are there any cards which will work on a Mac G4 with this norm, Pal N?

thank you very much for your attentio to this matter
kind regards

TerryR
05-06-2006, 07:52 AM
opa,
The only research "recommendation" I could make would be to look at this article and see if it's the kind of thing that you would like/be able to do:

bttv (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Bttv)

The parameters that they have seem to show settings for include various Formac cards (TVPro I & II), as well as settings for several types of Pal BG.

Or am I completely off the mark?

opa
05-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi

thank you very much for your answer TerryR; great help, and that's exactly what i was looking for;i have to study the bttv article, but i reckon once i get it, i'll be able to get this Pro TV card to work. once again, great help, thank you very much

best regards