PDA

View Full Version : Timing the PS test?

speters1
03-26-2006, 08:35 PM
So I downloaded the new PS Test2, and I see that it is now recommended to use a stop watch. I don't have one but I figured that I should be able to find some sort of stop watch that would run under OSX. I have found several, but the only one that will show hundreds of a second, is one that I found that runs under Dashboard. I have never used dashboard, but I am not sure this would be the best way to time my PS actions. Has anyone found a good stop watch for QSX? Would having a stop watch running under OSX while I am trying to test PS have an effect on the overall performance?

rguising
03-26-2006, 09:04 PM
http://macalarmclock.com/

kaye
03-27-2006, 07:45 AM
I don't know how much in the way of resources Dashboard takes. If you have a digital wristwatch, most of them have a stopwatch feature. I went to a sporting goods store. They usually have digital stopwatches for coaches. I found one that was last year's model on sale for $20. It has a very large display so I can see it without wearing glasses. k

Boots
03-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Probably best to use either a 'real' stopwatch or watch with second hand.

An accurate time is best obtained by:

1. pressing a stopwatch start button at the exact same time as pressing the Open (selected test file) button in the File Open dialog at the beginning of the timed portion of the test.

2. pressing a stopwatch stop button at the exact same time as the "test complete" message appears at the end of the timed portion of the test.

or alternatively- using a watch or clock with a second timer, start the test by pressing the Open (selected test file) button in the File Open dialog at the beginning of the timed portion of the test at the 00 mark of the second hand, and record the time in hours and minutes, then note the time in minutes and seconds immediately after the "test complete" message appears.