PDA

View Full Version : Epson Perfection 1660 slide scanning problem

butch
02-11-2006, 05:33 PM
I've been perfectly happy with my 1660 scanner since I've had it. I've used it a lot to scan slides, and have been happy with the results. All of a sudden when I tried to scan some today, it refuses (excpt for one try, when it worked on one slide) to scan the slide in the same orientation as the slide. In other words, it's scanning vertical slides horizontal and horizontal slides vertical. Even if I rotate the slide 90 degrees, it still does it wrong. As I said on one slide this afternoon it decided to do it correctly.

I've got the latest version of the driver that's available from the Epson site. Any other ideas anybody??

Thanks!

Butch (in snowy southern Virginia)

wolfpweb
02-12-2006, 07:38 AM
From snowy S. MA to snowy S. VA...

For quality results, I wouldn't scan slides (or film) on the kind of flatbed U're employing. But that's not the issue. Which sw are U scanning with..?

Anyhow, the orientation of your slides on the screen are of little concern. If U're using some kind of graphics sw after scanning, that is. Just rotate the file to its correct position and hit "save".

Nothing else to it. (Unless U're in for a snowball fight...)

butch
02-12-2006, 07:43 AM
The scan is 90 degrees from the orientation of the slide, meaning I'm only getting a scan of a square in the middle of the image, not the whole image. I'm using the Epson driver software that I've been using perfectly well for 3 years with the scanner. It's just an all of a sudden change for no reason that I can discern.

I'm not aware of any other way to capture images on this scanner. When I "import" from PS, all it does is launch the Epson driver software, so I'm in the same place.

Would that I could afford a better scanner. But as I said, this one has done me very well for my purposes, and it was really cheap!

Tks

B

wolfpweb
02-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Beats me...

Get Silverfast or Vuescan. Or re-install the Epson sw.

Gd luck!

almaink
02-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Toss the preference file in ~/Library/Preferences/Epson/EpsonScan.