PDA

View Full Version : IMac and G5 Tower cor image capture

A_fremiotti
09-14-2005, 03:21 PM
I am trying to think of a way to use an Imac and a tower to capture and save files on location. I currently use a dual 2.5 G5 with two displays. One display shows the image as it is shot, and clients use to make picks. The other monitor is my working monitor with file processing and such. I use a combination of Capture One for capture and photoshop for image editing and processing. This is a very good solution except that you can only have one mouse pointer available at a time so two people can't work at once which is often necessary. Ideally I would like the Imac to capture and save to a shared raid 1 drive. The tower would be set to use the same drive to create galleries and process and save images to. This way any new images, or changes made would be made simultaneously on both machines. Sort of the way Bridge works with two windows open at once. The connection would have to be fast too, at least the speed of firewire or gigabit ethernet. This would also give me a backup computer and slightly more portable solution form time to time. Any suggestions are appreciated.

A_fremiotti
09-14-2005, 03:40 PM
I am very curious about products like the ready nas600. Will this solve my dilemma paired with a gigabit switch?

TZ
09-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Sites Folder - how to secure web-serving

Robert Daeley
Sep. 15, 2005 12:12 AM

One of the spiffier parts of Mac OS X that I latched onto quickly (back in the heady days after the Public Beta) was the built-in Apache webserver with its one-click activation. My favorite part was being able to edit a file or web app on my local computer -- usually a laptop, so I could edit anywhere -- and then testing it there in a 'live' server environment, before uploading it to the real webserver and breaking things....

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/7808?CMP=OTC-13IV03560550

I was thinking more about VNC but maybe personal file-sharing would work. Of course, you do not want two people or machines working on the same file with write privilege.