and i just installed avid xpress pro 4.6

now heres the thing...

avid dont work
i called avid tech support and they said
"avid and pro tools dont mix get rid of pro tools it a mac thing"

avid sucks the royal bag

i checked with the main avid dealer in my city before i bought it he siad
"they work well together"

i checked the avid site and they sell an avid package that includes pro tools le and the mbox

when i brought this up to the avid tech dude he said
"thats only for pc...its not an avid thing its a mac thing"

a mac thing you say? its kind of funny but avid owns pro tools....this is retarded

well given the choice ill have to let avid go because as far as audio software and os x is concerned its pro tools or logic

final cut rocks!

id like to keep em both any advice?

stan coxinholder
02-10-2005, 04:51 PM
hi again

spoke to the pro tools tech support and although the guy gave me the same bad news: avid and pro tools dont mix on mac,
he gave a solution
he told me to partition my drive and make my mac duel bootable with avid on the new partition. i did this and it works.
pro tools support is good avid not so good although avid has an 800 number and pro tools doesnt. i geuss you pay for what you get

sometimes the ansers are right under our noses

thanks

ps sorry for my bad spelling

revi
02-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Hello Stan,

Indeed, it is kinda funny how they don't work together given that Avid owns Digi!

Another thing to keep in mind is that PT LE is mainly a marketing device to address the competition at the lower levels (as is Express) and will not give you the flexibility of the full thing (i.e., TDM or HD). Digi's bread and butter (as is Avid's) is in the high-end stuff.

That being said, I'm curious as to what you're trying to do...was it that you can't access audio out through the mBox when editing video using Express?

revi