PDA

View Full Version : NeverwinterNights and Expansions

Charlotte
10-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Hello EveryBody :-)
Thought to post something here for any of you happening to play RPG's and similar. Lets say that I am hoping Costa will buy this game to play on line with me ;-) (E Compralo zio!)

Neverwinter Nights (NWN) is a computer game set in a huge medieval fantasy world of Dungeons & Dragons. This role-playing game (RPG) puts you at the center of an epic tale of faith, war, and betrayal.
If you liked Diablo 2 and expansions U will love NWN!
[http://nwn.bioware.com/about/description.html]

The wonderfull thing is mostly about the expansions, yup, beacause bioware makes it possible to buy a PC game and use it ( preparing the files in the right way) on your mac (take this winsuckers!). There is a mac user forum on Biowares sites with a good gaming software development going on and instructions. (I am talking of extra software like editors and such).

Mac players even meet in on line gaming.
If u ever decide to play NWN prepare yourself for long months of adventure and neverending extra modules made by players...

I am myself playing on-line so if you are interested in RPG adventuring just PM me :-)

ricks
10-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Charlotte,

This sure makes me wish I wasn't employed with a hard hearted boss who requires me to work long hours. She is brutal, no slack at all.

I love playing NWN. Played both of them through a couple of times. That was before this boss took over all my free time though. RPGs require lots of time, too bad, so does Da Boss.

wonder if I could get fired for a couple of weeks?

Thanks for the great post.

Rick (normally Gheric the Green, Ranger)

littlegreyknight
11-02-2004, 08:21 PM
That is a great post.

I love D&D, been playing it since I was ten, and mostly Forgotten Realms, which is TSR... er... I mean WOTC's (grumble) most popular world, and the one NWN (as well as the Baldur's Gate series) is set in.

May I ask what machines/graphics cards you guys are playing on. I've had nothing but misses (THACO: 20 ;) ) when it comes to newer games on my mac. Seems I have to leave most of the settings at their minimum, and I get chaotic jaggies and lag in the intros. I know this has alot to do with these games being poorly ported from PC, so, yeah, what you say about Bioware is doubly intriguing.

Are you able to play NWN with all the bells and whistles, and still get decent frame rates?

Thanks.

ricks
11-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Hey LGN,

I was running mostly on a QUicksilver 867 with a GeForce3. It was pretty decent with mid range settings in most cases. I would guess if you are in need of a faster graphics engine. Todays top cards are orders of magnitude more capable with processing that rivals our CPUs.

Played NWN on a Dual 2 G G5. Now that kicks serious butt. Able to play everything I have tried at full settings. Medal of Honor, Dungeon Siege, Heroes4 and Castle Wolfie. No noticeable delays ever. And very stable.

PLayed a bunch of D&D back a few years ago with Jazzbo wearing the Dungeon Master hat. Looking forward to a day when I will have time to do so again :p

Rick

Costa
11-03-2004, 03:37 AM
Cara Charlotte,

First of all, thanks for the great post: these forums need more of those.... :)

Lets say that I am hoping Costa will buy this game to play on line with me ;-) ....

Yup, I've already gloomed over at Inside Mac Games (http://www.insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=405&Page=1) NWN review and I did put it down to my "wish-list" under the Christmas tree. Therefore, rest assured, I will eventually dive into it.

The issue with me .... are several problems:
I often get back home from the office too late and too tired to do anything else but hit the sack as fast as I can..... (regulars on this very forums may have noticed lately, that I haven't been much around for the above reason).
The few evenings I have got some spare time on my hands, I spend it in finishing a CIVILIZATION III game I have started as Ceaser, hoping to lounch that rocket to Alfa Centauri in time.....
I first need to get a decent graphic card for my Sawtooth and I am still saving up for it (you need at least 32MB of VRAM and the OEM ATI Rage Pro I have, only carries 16MB of it).
My kids may find their father much too alienated from reality, if they keep on seeing me glued to the computer for hours....
Besides, before I can have a decent, strong enough character in NWN capable enough to withstand an on-line game, knowing my "software abilities", could take me months......

So.... All I'm saying is ...... give me enough time.... will 'ya? .... ;)

Ciao

Zio Costa

Mac Japan
11-04-2004, 07:58 PM
World of Warcraft in stores November 23
November 4, 2004 - 14:44 EST** Blizzard said today that World of Warcraft, its eagerly awaited massively multiplayer online role-playing game, will be in stores in North America on November 23, 2004. "In World of Warcraft, players assume the roles of legendary heroes and interact with thousands of other players online as they explore and adventure across a vast world. Whether journeying together or questing on their own, players will engage in heroic battles, develop friendships, forge alliances, and compete with enemies for power and glory. The game features customizable character classes with thousands of weapons, spells, and abilities. With an innovative, easy-to-use interface, an action-packed combat system, and thousands of quests that build an immersive storyline, World of Warcraft offers a MMORPG that will appeal to both veteran and casual players alike." The US$49.99 game will be compatible with both Mac OS X and Windows 98/ME/2000/XP.

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/faq/

Thought you RPG players might find this interesting.

Charlotte
11-07-2004, 04:06 AM
I am expecting World of Warcraft from.... I dont even remember the time since it has been so long!
I do not intend to miss it!

For the D&D NWN players, here is a good site with great module downloads based on D&D and Unforgotten Realms :-)

http://unforgottenrealms.net/

Mac Japan
11-07-2004, 11:11 PM
I myself am not a big gamer but I came accross the info at macminute and remembered the talk of RPGs. I am not patient enough to try and "build" a character. I prefer less work more along the SPorts games when i do play.

ricks
11-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Any sports games that have magic spells and misc body parts flying around? :crossbne:

Graphically RPGs are awesome. However, a player needs the time to dedicate to enjoy an RPG, so I can see where a quick sports game can be nice.

Mac Japan
11-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but...I think there was one series of sports games about 10 years ago. the title completly escapes my memory but it was some pretty raw football/hockey/basketball I beleive. No magic though. I might one day give an RPG a run I have to find time though. Which is a good one for a rookie?

Charlotte
12-25-2004, 08:19 AM
Mac Japan try Diablo 2 as first RPG ;-)
It's from Blizzard :-)