PDA

View Full Version : Audio dropouts on dvd burns

dhtri
09-19-2004, 03:32 AM
Can anyone help me. I have a movie made with imovie 4 and I'm trying to burn it to dvd disk. I have a Pioneer 106D burner installed by myself on my MDD G4 867 Combo system which has been flashed up to X12 burn speed, this system works OK with toast 6 titanium except that after approx 6 mins on disk the audio disappears except for the wipes I put into the project, which play audio for the duration of the transition from one scene to the next.
I've checked the original project and all the audio is there with no weird fades done in the timeline that might cause the audio to be switched off. The duration of the movie is 1:09:15 and fit's onto a 4.7GB dvd- / dvd-RW / dvd+ with room to spare. Anyone else come accross this problem?
:jollyrog:
dHtri

despaxas
09-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Wow, never heard of that. Are you using Toast 6 to encode and build the DVD, as well as burn it?

For assured compatability with the DVD spec, the audio rate should be either 48KHz, 96KHz or 192KHz. Other apps will automatically dither the audio to 48KHz if it is 44.1KHz or lower, but I don't know about Toast 6. That would be my guess since the audio for the transitions is generated within iMovie and probably already the correct rate. Perhaps you might want to give iDVD a shot since it has more options, or at least for troubleshooting. Let us know what happens.