PDA

View Full Version : iLife '04

kaye
05-04-2004, 12:51 PM
I finally got around to installing it on my QS/PF G4. Nice to have everything on a DVD plus the iDVD Tutorial and some extra GarageBand tunes to practice with. That extra is a drag and drop operation. Updated everything with Software Updates and repaired permissions.

I was worried that the commercial extra goodies I purchased for iMovie might not still work. iMovie has two forms of Help, Help files and online Tips and Tricks. I much prefer the original iMovie Tutorial that came with the old OS9 version. So I copied it over, 300+MB, to 10.3.3 volume and launched it in iMovie 4.0.1. Used the Tutorial to test all of my commercial extras. They all work.

IMovie 4.0.1 has some new stuff beyond iMovie 3.x. Titles, 9 new ones. Transitions, 1 new one. Effects, no new ones. I have not checked iDVD fully yet but it appears that there is some new stuff there too. Have not checked the commercial goodies I purchased for iDVD yet either.

So you get new versions of iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, and GarageBand, all for about $40, unless you get it for "free" like TZ did. There is also a CD which only has iTunes, iPhoto, and iMovie on it. k

unclemac
05-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Have you had a chance to play with Garage Band yet?

It's one of those apps that one falls in love with immediately, or has no interest in; but even if you never need to make your own song - although it is perfect for background music for all those imovie edits - it is really fun just to see what you can do.

kaye
05-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Unc, I did play with it a little, using those extra tunes on the DVD which I dragged to my 10.3.3 volume. Looks promising. I have done a little custom audio in iMovie, not a lot but enough to see that GarageBand could make it easier. I was actually more interested to see if there were any obvious problems with the update since I saw a number of complaints with the first version. k