PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on HD SpeedTools 3.3 QuickStripe?

cisbell
09-11-2001, 12:57 AM
Getting ready to strip two 4GB SCSI drives together using QuickStripe from Intech. Had two 4GBs laying around. Two separate mech., Quantum and IBM, but should work fine. Does anyone have an opinion or any experience with Intech's QuickStripe? I haven't been able to find anything on the site so far to answer this question.

Is this a reliable solution? I plan on using this drive as a Job storage disk. Valuable data! Work done is web development and heavy graphic design with occasional large photoshop files sizes, 1GB or better. Will shortly be working on a 5ft.x 3ft, full res. (304.8 dpi), four channel CMYK image. Scratch disk will be running off a Maxtor 60GB drive through a Tempo Ultra/66 card. What kind of perfromance should I be looking to see from the pair.

Thanks in advance!

BTW...what's the difference between a "junior member" and a "member"? Just curious.

cisbell
09-11-2001, 01:01 AM
BTW...forgot to ask, does anyone know what the block sizes are for their Database and Video Streaming settings are? Can't find any mention anywhere on their site. General setting is (16k). Any recommendations on the best avg. block size for the work I mentioned in the original post.

Thanks.

Craig

[This message has been edited by cisbell (edited 11 September 2001).]

ricks
09-18-2001, 11:00 PM
One thing I can say about Intech, customer service is non existent! You'll never get a reply to a request with them.
Rick