PDA

View Full Version : LVD scsi ID #'s

tm311
04-15-2001, 04:40 PM
Trying to troubleshoot some crashes i have been having of late...does the LVD chain play a part in stability? I have 2 cheetah 10k drives in a striped raid off of a miles2 card...i have no other HD's in the machine so this a single volume boot drive raid. Does it matter which drive is 1 and which drive is zero? I have the drive closest to the miles 2 card as 1 and the other as 0...if only because i was having problems assigning 1 to the other drive.....seemed to only boot as a raid if i assigned it #8. Once i get an answer to this i am going to tackle the scsi2 internal chain....which only has 2 cd-rom drives on it........does the last physical drive need to be terminated? or do i just need to terminate 1 or the other?

kaye
04-15-2001, 06:22 PM
Does not matter which Cheetah has ID1 or ID0 so long as they both don't have the same ID. You are using the Initio twisted-pair LVD cable and LVD terminator? I agree something is wrong if you have to assign ID8 to one of them. Make sure the Miles2 is firmly seated in its slot and all connectors on the LVD cable are firmly in place, including the terminator on the end.

The internal SCSI chain with two CD drives, only the last physical drive on the chain (last on the SCSI ribbon cable) should be terminated. k