PDA

View Full Version : PowerTowerPro and AIFF recording

crazyeights
12-07-2001, 12:53 AM
Hi guys.

Well, I've impulsively done it again, ala E-Bay.

I am now the proud owner of a DigiDesign Audiomedia III PCI card. I want to use the analog inputs to record from the Audio out on my DishPlayer satellite receiver/recorder.

The DishPlayer is a Tivo-like device. Proprietary Dish Network actually.......

I get tons of great music over my satellite dish that I can record onto the Dishplayer, and I want to run the audio out on the DishPlayer into my PTP and record the music in real time as AIFF or mp3 files, so I can then burn CD's for my listening pleasure.

A friend suggested I get an AudioMedia 3 card and use it for my analog input. I can't seem to find drivers for it on the Digidesign website, and am wondering if I can even use this card.

Once again, the 7 P's rule the day............... Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Help guys!!!

Dave

[This message has been edited by crazyeights (edited 07 December 2001).]

ricercar
12-07-2001, 02:44 AM
The AudioMedia III PCI card shipped with a CDROM. If you got one without it, you may be screwed.

Look on digidesign.com for the Free ProTools 5.1 download; this version of ProTools can record 16 tracks, but only two at a time, and is limited in hardware to only Macintosh built-in audio ports ... and Audiomedia III cards. maybe it'll work without drivers.

FWIW they also released a free version of ProTools 3.4 with the same limitations. You may be able to find that one on the net, but digidesign.com stopped people from downloading it years ago.

If you're unable to download either of these, email me privately <macgurusforums at soundmark dot net>

------------------
ricercar

my free 9500 is nickel-and-diming me to death!

ricercar
12-07-2001, 03:02 AM
http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree/

[This message has been edited by ricercar (edited 07 December 2001).]

crazyeights
12-07-2001, 01:42 PM
Howdy ricercar,

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've downloaded the PTFree, but on their web site they say flat out that it "does not function with any DigiDesign hardware except AudioMedia III in Windows 98.

I should've been a bit more discriminating.

I haven't gotten it yet, so I'll keep you posted.

Dave

ricercar
12-08-2001, 11:51 PM
Have you tried any of the downloads from this digidesign "legacy support" page?
http://www.digidesign.com/download/sndrvr.html

crazyeights
12-09-2001, 03:27 AM
Dude, you rock!!!

I won't have the card for a week or so, but I do believe that's the stuff I'll need. Thanks a bunch!!

I'll keep you posted.......

Dave