PDA

View Full Version : Where to get iDVD 1.x?

RobertK
10-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Hi,
New guy here. Anyone know where I can get iDVD 1.x? I want to do DVD authoring in OS 9.2.2 (and don't want to pay for DVD Studio Pro!). I plan to install a SuperDrive in my Beige G3 soon (I know, it might not work), and if I can get it to work I would like to stay in OS 9 for everything. I already have iMovie working in OS 9 and OS X. I got the iDVD 2.1 upgrade disc but it is only good for OS X. I do have OS 10.2.1 installed and running in my computer, but I'm using 9.2 for everything and am perfectly happy with it. From reading the reviews on XLR8yourmac.com it seems that I'm more likely to get the SuperDrive to work on my machine in OS 9 than in OS X. I don't really need to playback DVDs on my computer, but I want to burn them from home video imported into iMovie from my digital camcorder and play them on my home DVD player. Any other tips would be welcome. Just trying to figure this all out before I plunk down the cash for the SuperDrive.

Thanks,
Robert

Beige G3 Desktop Rev. 2 w/ Powerlogix G4/533 ZIF, 768 MB RAM, 80 GB HD, USB and FW cards, Mac OS 9.2.2 and 10.2.1

[This message has been edited by RobertK (edited 24 October 2002).]

rwm
10-24-2002, 10:25 PM
This might help start here... http://www.info.apple.com/support/downloads.html

Randy

[This message has been edited by rwm2 (edited 24 October 2002).]

jpoprock
11-07-2002, 12:27 PM
If your Mac didn't come with a Superdrive and iDVD then you're SOL. Apple doesn't sell it as a stand alone app. That's not to say you can't "find" it out there.. but I'm not gonna advocate piracy.

Jason

RobertK
11-07-2002, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the replies.
I have solved this particular problem and don't need any further assistance for now.
Thanks again!!!!!
RK