PDA

View Full Version : QuickTime Targa codecs

lech2
04-16-2002, 12:25 PM
I recently upgraded my PowerMac 9600 with XLR8 Mach processor card 466 MHz and added many hard disks to my internal SCSI bus and to my Adaptec 2940 UW - ultra wide card. Initially I almost got everything under control even if my 3 Ultrastar HDDs in RAID 0 (by Remus Software) could not always go along with my newly built-in IDE hard disk attached thru Acard IDE/SCSI Bridge to the Adaptec bus.
But now , the most important feature of my Mac - video digitizing from analog sources is paralized. I have Targa 1000 Pro card which plants hardware video codecs to the QuickTime shell and to editing programms like my Premiere. Suddenly QuickTime can not incorporate my Targa Video codec and consequently the Premiere is not able to use this codec and digitize my footage. Sometimes Premiere or QuickTime is not able to see any movie file (like .mov) !
I tried different versions of Premiere 4.1.2 5.0 5.1 and different QuickTime versions (3, 4.1) and different MacOS (7.5.5. , 8.0, 8.1, 8.5 8.6) and different Targa drivers (vers. 2.2., 2.3 3.0 3.1, 3.02 ) , Nothing works! I can get back my Targa video codec into QuickTime. Has anyone an idea what should I do?