PDA

View Full Version : TI G4 500 laptop and video

sculptor
01-20-2002, 09:00 AM
Hi,
I am using a PB G4 500 with 1gig of ram and i am running out of HD space. I need to solve this but i want speed. I had a desktop with UW LVD scsi drive and the speed was fantastic. I am tired of waiting for the subsystem to catch up with what i am doing. I am entering the world of iMovie and want to boogie. Are there answers attached to a PB. Would a RATOC CardBus UW scsi card attached to a large external scsi drive do what i want without causing unwanted complications? Is it time to get a MG built or tweaked MAC desktop? In short:
Wants: the fastest HD solutions, backup solution (as bomb proof as it comes), the best DVD/DVD-RW solution available.
Do you expect new and improved hardware releases in the next few months?

Thanks for the feedback (ahead of time).

------------------

dragon_x
01-21-2002, 12:38 PM
Looks like you also posted this in the Upgrade or Buy New forum. I will post over there.

Michael
01-24-2002, 10:19 AM
definitely check out the EZ firewire cards. they're fast, reliable and reasonably priced. http://www.macgurus.com/shoppingcart/showrampage.cgi?ezquest.html
i have a G4500 PB and this the solution if found to be best. if you were thinking of getting a CD-RW for archiving, try the firewire drive instead. it's cheaper, more reliable. if you want one anyway, the EZ burners are great. better quality than the lacie.
M

sculptor
01-29-2002, 12:10 PM
Thank you for the feedback! There are a number of DVD-RW drives coming out - what do you know about them? It a there a particular favorite amongst us?

thanks!
Sculptor