PDA

View Full Version : Monitor adjusting - a simple question...

10-15-2001, 06:06 PM
When I first purchased my monitor (Hitachi CM715) and set it up there was a black area around the display and my brother made the display larger to fill the entire screen area.

After putting a Voodoo card in it looks like that again. Like the original default? Nothing wrong at all. Looks good.

My question is should I push it a little larger to fill the entire screen or does this affect as in "decrease" the clairity/performance of the monitor?

Thanks
Randy

chrismenke
10-15-2001, 08:30 PM
It is a matter of preferenc more than anything else.

Basically, if you paid for a 17" monitor, and leave a 1" black border around the screen, you've got a 15" monitor!

If you have serious color precision needs, there MAY be an argument for leaving a border, as color fidelity is probably worse at the outer edges, if you don't, you may want to use the monitor's adjustments to regan the wasted space. On my triple headed 9600, each monitor is setup with ~ 1/32 of an inch of border, and the only reason for this border is so I don't lose the mouse outside of visible area.

[This message has been edited by chrismenke (edited 15 October 2001).]

yakkinkat
11-15-2001, 07:41 PM
Hi, I have a monitor that has a 3/4 inch black border around the viewing area. I've tried all the various monitor settings and nothing phases that border. Is my monitor history or is there some other setting I don't know about? Thanks. Kat

[This message has been edited by yakkinkat (edited 15 November 2001).]