PDA

View Full Version : ix3D UltimateRez cards and 9-9.1???

billbo
09-11-2001, 11:58 PM
I know these cards will work on OS 8.6 (which I'm running now and in the near future will be), but has anybody had any experience running them via OS 9 thru 9.1?
OWC has 'em for $40.00 (which I don't mind dropping at this time) and I just want to rid myself of the Mach64 I'm still using. I'm replacing some of my ragged P.A. gear and at this point, so I don't have the time to play with many 3D accelerated app's (as I'm doing mostly audio stuff that runs quicker at 256 colors). However, by X-mas time I'll be in the position to bestow many presents upon my 9500.

Thanks

------------------
Bill

"I made a conscience decision in a semi-conscience state"

dragon_x
09-12-2001, 12:05 AM
I would think the Mach64 would be a better all around card than the ix3D card. I know the ix3D has 8MB and both Mac(old) and VGA connectors... so maybe you are better off?

I'm running one in a G4/466 with both 9.1 and 10.0.4 - it works great - but it is SLOW. Maybe the RADEON VE PCI will be ready by X-mass?-)

------------------
Life in the fast lane leads to:
The Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe

lasvegas
09-12-2001, 01:19 AM
In response to your question though; Yes. The ix3D works fine in Mac OS 9.x with the acceleration extensions that Apple includes with the OS. The ix3D also works in OS X unaccelerated.

[This message has been edited by lasvegas (edited 12 September 2001).]