PDA

View Full Version : Wanted ANS case

Damien
12-17-2001, 11:46 AM
Hi all

I suddenly got this itch that I must scratch....

I want to buy an Apple Network Server. I am looking for a complete case preferrably with power supplies but motherboard/drives/electronics are not necessary. Of course I will take a working model......

I know these are rare but who knows maybe one of you out there is using one as a coffee table..

Thanks

Damien

damien@macmeisters.com

[This message has been edited by Damien (edited 17 December 2001).]

batmantis00
12-18-2001, 05:58 PM
ive got one...its a 500 withuout the motherboard, but everything else is there. i bought it with a s900 in it-i still have that mobo if you want it. i also have 2 of the hot swappable PS from a 700. i want to play with it, but i lack time and money. i live in alaska, and dont much feel like trying to ship it-it was a nightmare getting it here-but im probably driving from here to LA in february. if you feel like waiting that long and live somewhere along the way, i can drop it off. make me an offer.

bat

Damien
12-18-2001, 06:15 PM
I would be interested but I don't live anywhere near your intended route I am in Indiana.

I'll take the s900 Mobo if you just want to get rid of it but don't really want it. I am interested mostly in a complete case and the power supplies.

If you would be willing to ship it to me in Feb when you get down to the lower 48 then we can perhaps make a deal. I really don't know what to offer but I did see a working 700 on ebay for 230$ last year. What would be worth your time to mess with this? Of course I will cover shipping in addition to whatever cost we agree on.

Damien

damien@macmeisters.com

batmantis00
12-20-2001, 06:05 PM
hmmm....ive sunk over $600 into the damn thing by now. its not going to be worth it for me to try to compete with $230. i still have a nagging desire to migrate the geige g3 into the case...when i have some disposable income.

Damien
12-20-2001, 08:45 PM
Fair enough. I will look elsewhere.

I know how it is to want to do a project and run out of project $

My last project was a stripped 7300 I got and upgraded in just about every way I broke even (if you do not count the hours I spent) and I felt thrilled to break even!