PDA

View Full Version : SmartSCSI and .sim confusion

titanium
01-22-2002, 09:20 PM
Currently on the initio site, there are 3 versions of SmartSCSI (1.03, 1.04, and 1.05). I flashed the same .sim file (the OS X one) on all three of them, but they all report different firmware verisons. 1.03 reports 3.20, 1.04 reports 3.06, and it slips my mind what 1.05 reports. What's the deal here? Are all of these actually the same firmware and they are just interpereted differently with older versions of SmartSCSI, or is the firmware completely different depending on which version of SmartSCSI that you use?

EDIT: I really should have posted this in the SCSI forum http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif... Didn't realize I was still in OS X general...

[This message has been edited by titanium (edited 22 January 2002).]

ricks
01-23-2002, 12:45 AM
Kaye mentioned something like that in another post. Maybe it isn't paranoia?
Rick

BobMcWilliams
02-05-2002, 10:44 AM
We INITIO, use the smart SCSI application to update our firmware version. The smart SCSI rev. is correct but depending on the *.SIM file you will get a differnt firmware version number. We only make changes to the smart SCSI application when a new Mac OS breaks the old one. We are always tuning our *.SIM files to provide better support for devices and machine configurations.

Bob
Iniito