PDA

View Full Version : PCI USB Card trouble...

Bigfat
01-04-2002, 08:39 PM
Ok. Its happened again. My USB Kensington Opt. 5 Button mouse has ceased to work in Mac os X. It works fine in OS9, in fact, I can be is OS9, habe it work, then immediatly boot to OS X and it just doesn't work. The mouse IS on(the little red light is on) However, if I un-plug it, and plug it back in, it will not come back on. Its a Belkin PCI Two port USB card. I've also notied, that in the Apple System Profiler, the USB card doesn't see any decices on it. Such as my burner, works fine in 9, but not in X. Whats up people? I could prolly re-install 10.1 and it would work, but this is the second time it has happened, and I want get it fixed for good, not just put it off. Thanks!

------------------
--bigfat

dpatnaude
01-16-2002, 01:49 PM
Hi-
I am having the same problem with the usb ports on my sonnet tango card. I can plug my digital camera in, iphoto recognizes it, but then as soon as it starts downloading pictures it crashes, and the usb ports are rendered useless. Wierd. Anyone have any suggestions?

-Dan

lasvegas
01-18-2002, 04:30 AM
Are you using powered hubs on these USB cards? I've found that the Belkin doesn't always recover in the event of a current limitting situation. A powered hub would prevent this from occuring.

Bigfat
01-18-2002, 09:03 AM
Thanks lv, ill try that later today, if i can find my hub...

marcush
01-22-2002, 04:22 PM
Also, try moving the card to one of the upper pci slots if this is a 6 slot system. I could not get the firwire ports on my Datatek Firewire/USB card recognized until I moved it to the 1st and 2nd pci slots of my Power Tower Pro running 10.1.2.